Duval Charter Scholars Academy
Duval Charter Scholars Academy opened in Fall 2010 at 100 Scholars Way which is off Atlantic Boulevard near Regency Square mall. The school facility is 60,000 square feet in size, occupying three floors. The facility layout accommodates a logical segregation of the elementary (k-5) and middle(6-8) school grades. In addition, the layout includes adequate resource rooms for enrichment programs, common areas for gathering (lunch, assemblies, etc), and space for school administration. The school also has outdoor recreational areas, designated pick-up and drop-off zones, and parking for staff and visitors. Duval Charter Scholars Academy is governed by Renaissance Charter School Inc. and a member of the Charter Schools USA (CSUSA) family of schools.
Duval Charter Scholars Academy will provide students with the necessary tools and skills needed to develop superior levels of achievement. We strive for academic, social and physical excellence by providing a quality and challenging curriculum. We promote positive moral and social values, foster an atmosphere of self-discipline in a safe learning environment, and maximize individual productivity to meet the needs of a changing global society. Duval Charter Scholars Academy students will be able to maximize their potential for successfully actualizing their goals with confidence and intrinsic motivation, thereby enabling each student to become a lifelong learner and strong functional contributor to their local community as well as their global community.
Programs and Services
- Access to PowerSchool’s Student Information System – Parents are given access to their children’s personal information through a password-protected computer-based system that allows them to monitor their progress. Parents can monitor test scores, homework and attendance on a daily basis.
- Parent Involvement – We know that children enjoy greater success in school when the adults they admire most take an interest in their education. Our students’ parents are required to commit to volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment.
- Uniforms – A school uniform policy is enforced. School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Duval Charter Scholars Academy approved vendor only. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in the school as well as each child’s individual appearance. Uniforms allow students to focus on their education instead of designer labels and fashion trends.
- The Leader in Me – The Leader in Me provides the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops his/her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead.
- Before and after care
- Free/reduced lunch program